Betanzos HB participates in the collaborative project of Drytech Industrial Research, coordinated by the Cluster da Madeira e o Deseño de Galicia, funded by the Ministry of Industry, Trade, and Tourism, within the support program for Innovative Business Groups (AEI).
Drytech aims to develop a horizontal drying system in the wood industry with Industry 4.0 technologies (sensorization and monitoring), which allows to adjust processes in a smart way, in order to reduce energy consumption, shorten times and minimize moisture differences in the material, thus improving the final quality of the product and the general utilization. In this project, a prototype of a smart drying process applicable to wood extracts will be developed.
The participating companies applied in three steps the same methodology to four differentiated industrial processes:
- 1. Monitor the material used and its behavior during the drying process.
- 2. Develop algorithms that transform the information obtained in actions that favor the speed and quality of the process.
- 3. Validate the resulting Industry 4.0 technologies.
The wood industry is highly relevant for the economy of Galicia and accounts for more than 3.5% of GDP. Currently, companies in the sector such as Betanzos HB focus their efforts on ensuring the sustainability of all phases of wood production, through its firm commitment to innovation.
The Cluster da Madeira e o Deseño de Galicia groups the main wood processing companies of the autonomous community. It coordinates the Drytech collaborative project, in which four transforming companies participate: Betanzos HB, Villapol, Puertas Betanzos, and Carronza.
Collaborative project for the development of a universal drying system for the wood industry, according to article 6.c.i. of Orden IET/1009/2016, of June 20, which establishes the regulatory bases for incentives to innovative business groups, with the aim of improving the competitiveness of Spanish SMEs.
Drytech embraces the announcement of August 1, 2018, of the Ministry of Industry, Trade, and Tourism.
Project Duration: from September 10, 2018, to March 31, 2019.
Total Budget: 286,809 euros.
- Cluster da Madeira e o Deseño de Galicia
- Betanzos HB
- Puertas Betanzos
- Laminados Villapol.
Sector: wood, identified as strategic in the RIS3 of Galicia.
Area for execution: Galicia, provinces of A Coruña and Lugo.
- 4.0 drying processes have been developed for the wood industry, with a cross-cutting approach at different stages of wood processing.
- The intelligent drying process of wood extracts has been prototyped, with real-time monitoring, using innovative solutions that allow for improved energy efficiency, increased capacity and cost reduction.
- New products have been developed that allow stream recovery and improve the economic results of the process.